Wednesday, June 11, 2014

O que se lê por aqui #2

"I can’t have children. Earlier this year, at the age of 27, I voluntarily had my tubes tied. (...)
I finally looked at Andreas and said, “You know this isn’t for me, right? No kids. Never.” Terrified I might have sabotaged our chance to make it work, I started to cry.
(...)
 I wondered if she had to make certain that my husband didn’t coerce me, and I wondered how often that happens. I thought about women who might back out at the last minute and wondered who they could be. The last thing I remember was my flamboyant Swedish anesthesiologist, who’d confessed that he also didn’t want children, stroking my hair as he adjusted my gas mask.
(...)
Last month, a good friend confided over coffee that she’s two months pregnant. As we hugged and cried, she confessed that I was the person she’d most wanted to tell. “All of my other friends are trying to get pregnant like it’s a competition,” she said. “It’s so nice that you have your fertility choices all sorted out.” I couldn’t agree more."

Salon, 15 de Dezembro de 2010. Daqui.

0 comentários: